Tuesday, 18 June 2013

Lipstick killa


I am completely obsessed with lipstick, I've always been obsessed with lip products mostly mmoisturizers but my obsession with colour started over a year ago.

In  past I was afraid to wear lipstick because firstly it was something my mother only wore and I associated it with older women and second I thought people would look at me like I was crazy for wearing it, but all that went out the window when I realised it was like an additional accessory, one that could help transform every look. Now my outfits aren't complete without it.

Now I know lipsticks can be pricey and you might be a little apprehensive to spend at least $17 to $40 for just one tube and that's understandable because there's a chance you might now like the colour after a few wears so I recommend drugstore  lipsticks for first timers because lets face it their cheap and you can really stock up on a few colours especially those trendy colours that have you asking yourself  "what was I thinking"

So I thought I'd share my favourite drugstore lipsticks that are affordable and long lasting.



First things first you need a good lip balm to set your lipstick and lock the moisture in so your lips don't dry out throughout the day. I found the PERFECT product to do the job. The Aquafina hydrating ball feels similar to a glue stick consistency its thick and sticky but for some reason it works.




First up are the Wet & Wild Megalast lip colours one of my faves, their matte, moisturizing and come in array of fun colours,their also extremely affordable they retail for $1.49 each These are not easy to find I drove around to about 5 different Walmart locations to try and get my hands on these. You can find them online here and here


 Next are Revlon lipsticks, I absolutely adore Revlon for the most part, I love that their available almost everywhere and the selection is amazing.




These lippies retail for about $4.99 to $6.99 depending on where you shop, you can find them online here

The Revlon matte collection is one of my faves the colour selection is very limited but the consistency and stay power is amazing.These retail for about $7.00 to $10.00 you can find them here, and here




These are not my favorite simply because they are so drying but the colours really pretty other than that I find them to be over priced and not worth the hassel. They retail for about $11.99 to 14.99 but are cheaper online you can find them here and here



Maybelline lippies are affordable and the colour selection is amazing each season I look forward to their new releases. These babies are extremely moisturizing and long lasting. You can find these lippies in most drugstores and they retail for about $6.99 you can also find them online here and here



Cover Girl lippies are some of my favourites, they're the reason my obsession began I love how organized the display cases are and how on trend each colour selection is these lippies retail for about $5.99 and you can find them online here and here

Thanks for stopping by I hope you found this post helpful. Until next time Take care

What are some of your favorite drugstore products? Tell me about it in the comments below




4 comments:

  1. you have beautiful color :)love them all

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Andy I checked out your blog I love it, your style is adorable :)

      Delete
  2. I love lipstick too, these are such gorgeous colors! They look good on you :)

    -Aman xx

    beauteacoffeechic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful colours! I am not a big fan of lipstick,but actually lips look amazing!


    Nice blog, here a new follower : )

    xo

    Ester

    http://staers-blog.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete